Ray talks with Dr. Carter about the common misunderstanding that lifting weights can destroy bones, the relative safety of lifting compared to various other sports, and the importance of maintaining a positive outlook.
- 01:14 Does lifting destroy bones?
- 2:52 Stress recovery adaptation applies to the whole body system
- 07:30 Lifting weights is safer than soccer
- 11:04 Muscle as a protective mechanism
- 15:32 Flexibility isn’t something to pursue
- 20:08 Where’s the medical field in understanding this stuff?
- 23:54 Arrogance of man drives progress and issues
- 24:59 There is more to existence than you can see and observe
- 31:21 Science is God
- 34:10 Volume vs. intensity
- 38:09 Heavy and stronger is better cardio
- 40:47 Joey’s training journey and PRs
- 52:23 Don’t coach your spouse
- 53:37 Having strength as you age is important
- 59:41 Optimism – back to the incline
- 1:00:31 How to improve soft tissue with a nonsurgical intervention
- 1:07:33 Gulf Orthopedics
Discuss in Forums
Credit : Source Post